2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Laptop Freezes when not charging

HP Recommended
HP Probook 450 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi  all,

Less than 2 months ago I purchased HP Probook 450 G5 laptop and I have been experiencing issues related to the battery.

Whenever the laptop is not plugged in even though it is fully charged it will freeze, no key combinations work the cursor dissapears or freezes as well. The only way is to turn it off through the turn on button and turn in on. If not plugged in the issue will occur again might be after 10 minutes or after an hour but it always comes back.

I tried uninstalling the battery drives, however the issues persists. 

Kind regards,

2 REPLIES 2
ArickF2
Level 3
Level 3
62 62 3 8
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Antigona,

I have faced a similar issue before and ran a hardware test.  I have also read in few forums and figured out that its most of the times a hard drive failure issue.  However you may try a BIOS update which may also fix the issue.  Nevertheless, you have a 2 months old system  and i am sure it should be under warranty, you should get it checked or replaced.

Yet try the BIOS update first.

Regards

ArickF2

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
Antigona
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After more than a week waiting for a response by an HP representative or at least someone experienced, I am left disappointed. I am truly sorry I purchased the laptop I have tried most solutions I read online nothing works and the HP support team is the worst I have encountered. 

When you purchase something worth 800 dollars you do expect it to be at least decent quality and this laptop is certainly not. I am truly sorry I did not go with the Dell  instead.

I would most definitely not recommend any HP product to anyone.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation