Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13 - 2018
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

My laptop feels warm to touch from the bottom recently and I have only had it for about a year so I don't see why that is?

I do not run demanding programs often and it happens even if I go on the internet.

Currently as I am writing this, the laptop is incredibly warm but I checked the CPU is only working at ~30%. I haven't ever dropped it or spilled anything on it and it rarely leaves the top of my desk so I am quite worried about this.

Does anyone know of any reason of why this might be?

Thank you 🙂

-K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kondzio2012, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I would suggest you follow the steps from the document HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kondzio2012, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I would suggest you follow the steps from the document HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.