Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15t-df100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Thunderbolt G2 Dock with Audio that I purchased when I bought my computer. Recently it has stopped charging my laptop. I found a support article stating that the battery may go in to protected mode and will only charge via the normal charger (not USB-C). The solution states to charge it via the normal charger and then after that it will again charge via USB-C. I tried that but it does not appear to be working. Yesterday while using the computer continuously for multiple hours the battery ran down even though it was plugged in to the dock. The batter icon in the task bar indicates that it is plugged in and charging and the orange charge light is one. All of my software and drivers are up-to-date.

Are there any solutions for this issue?

Regards,

Chris

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Are there any solutions to this? I can get my PC to charge through the Thunderbolt connection but if I'm using it a lot the battery will slowly deplete. It is like the Thunderbolt connection isn't able to deliver enough current to keep the PC charged when it is used heavily for a period of time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.