Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook x64- b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have a HP Pavilion 15 Notebook x64, i5, 2 Cores. 

It was working fine, until a couples weeks ago... update from Window 10 and did realized that my fan was overrunning, loud and laptop was getting hot. 

So did some research and found that that some updates by HP might be needed.  I have always had my system automatically for updates, but did the HP assistance with what updates would be needed.  One of them was the BIOS.  I did all the update listed for my laptop... follow the directives as per the HP website.

Since then... my laptop fan has become quiet.  Which is awesome.  But there is another problem that arised.

If I leave my laptop unattended for a few mins or  close the lid, it will go to sleep mode, which is what I want but will not wake up from the sleep mode.  The power light is on... the internet light will show orange... I try all the options/ suggestions thought the websites (HP and elsewhere) as to how to wake up the laptop from sleep mode.  Nothing works.

I did the trouble shooting with windows, with HP... still the same problem. 

Right now my only choice is to do a hard shut down and restart the laptop each time.  It is becoming very annoying.  I have read your website... follow the directions and still the problem did not go away.  I have turned off any window updates for now... have my display to go to sleep if unattended or lid close... still the same problem exist.

I would really appreciate some advices. 

Thanks

Lyne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @AMTLyne,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing a sleep issue with your notebook, where the computer is not waking up after it goes to sleep. 

Kudos to you for trying a lot of troubleshooting steps on your own.

Have you run the power troubleshooter available in the control panel?

Do you have any external devices connected to your computer?

Please try Steps 1 and 4 under "The computer does not wake up from sleep or hibernate mode" section in this HP Article. 

Also, try the steps under "Sleep and Hibernate issues after upgrading to Windows 10" in the same article. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings @AMTLyne,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing a sleep issue with your notebook, where the computer is not waking up after it goes to sleep. 

Kudos to you for trying a lot of troubleshooting steps on your own.

Have you run the power troubleshooter available in the control panel?

Do you have any external devices connected to your computer?

Please try Steps 1 and 4 under "The computer does not wake up from sleep or hibernate mode" section in this HP Article. 

Also, try the steps under "Sleep and Hibernate issues after upgrading to Windows 10" in the same article. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there

I have followed the links you send.   I have a HP Pavilion 15-n033ca Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR),   I have set download to manual, run the troubleshooting in the improve power usage section.  Reset the Updates to Automatc (delayed start). Without repeating all the steps from the links you send me... I was still having the same problem.  It will come out of sleep mode if I left it alone for a short period of time but if longer than one hr approx... it would not wake up. 

Power light would be on... internet light would be red.  No fan or sound.  Had to restart again.  Finally tried to download the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) driver and once downloaded, message came up that the one I had was more recent that the one downloaded.

I did a restore to a few weeks back - prior to doing all these updates... and MIRACLE happened.   My laptop wakes up from the dormant state no matter how long it's been.  MIRACLE for sure...Not sure what, how...just simply happy that it is back to normal.   Until the next windows update.... THANK YOU

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your post says to follow steps 2 and 4 in this article, but there ios no article.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.