Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bs0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I am using HP Laptop 15-bs0xx.

It has been one year to my laptop but its battery is not working anymore. 

Battery suddenly discharged at 50-70% and then laptop starts only after connecting adapter.

Also when I connect adapter, after few minute or so it stops charging and start after one minute. This happens frequently and it takes so much time to charge only 25 % battery from 75 to 100% because battery usually shuts at 50-70% as I said earlier.

I have tried uninstallation of drivers like in device manager( updating, uninstalling etc.) and battery check hard disk check and all other checks. Everything is showing ok.

But nothing is working. It still shutdown at 70% and now i am using adapter after evey 25% battery drain means after half hour battery backup only.

1. Hard reset done'

2. Drivers updated

3. All components tested

4. It is not possible for me to use my laptop till 15% of battery level because battery drains suddenly at around 60%. This i had mentioned earlier also.

Also charging is not continous it stops and starts after every 30 seconds and it is taking 4-5 hours to charge from 65% to 100%.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KarthiKN991 I suggest you check with an alternate power adapter, to be on a safer side, perhaps, check with another wall outlet as well (exclude the surge protector while you're at it),

If the issue occurs on another wall outlet and on another adapter as well, click here to test and calibrate the battery.

P.S: Welcome to HP Forums! 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.