Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this laptop for under 3 years, and in the last 6 months the battery has gone from charging to 100% to very quickly 0%. The AC adaptor still works fine, so now my laptop is basically a desktop. If the unit is unplugged for even a moment it shuts down.

I am well beyond the 1 year warranty period that HP places on their batteries (shocking that anyone would think 1 year an appropriate length of time for a laptop battery to last). I was expecting the battery to last longer, my previous laptop's battery is still working after 8+ years. While I probably use the laptop a little more than the average user, I have read a number of posts with "laptop battery dead" in the subject but I can't find anything to let me know the life-cycle, and if my expectations are unrealistic.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are many types of batteries. Please read the following article, specially part from Safebattery.com

http://www.idganswers.com/question/7814/how-many-charging-cycles-should-a-laptop-battery-last

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have had basically the same problem with my p100dx for a while.  The life of the charge is very small...less than from 2 to 3 hours with minimal use.  Stupid to have a laptop for portability when you have to keep in plugs into an outlet to use!  I have regretted buying this thing for sometime due to the poor battery functionality and inability to use a longer life battery!

HP Recommended

Just bought a au062nr Pavilion 15 and yes the advertised battery life is 10 hours and I might get 5. Spent a couple hours with tech support trying to basically reinstall drivers and update bios to make it better. I expected not to get 10 hours that was most deffinately going to be false. But half the advertised is a bit much to accept. Some of it was most likely due to the fact that it was probably tested with the weaker processor for this model and a low 1366 x 768 resolution. I have a core i5 and a 1920 x 1080 resolution screen. So no doubt that eats more power. You know from a customer standpoint HP I would be more accepting if you rated it at 6 hours and I got 5 then at 10 hours and get 5. Getting 50% vs 10 % is a big difference in perception. Being more realistic with battery estimates probably means less returns because buyers will more likely accept 10% less than 50% less. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.