11-16-2019 10:57 PM
My laptop battery is not charging (now at 0%) even though the AC adaptor seems to be working fine because the red indicator for charging is still displaying. Something else surprising is that, on windows(desktop) if powered directly with electricity, at the taskbar the battery icon displays "plugged in, charging" which is not. What is the problem? Please help!
11-19-2019 03:36 PM - edited 11-19-2019 03:41 PM
@Sheyiie I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:
Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:
1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.
2) Expand “Batteries”.
3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
4) Click on “Uninstall”.
5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
6) Shutdown the computer.
7) Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in.
😎 When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.
9) Go to Device Manager.
10) Expand Batteries.
11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"
Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.
Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.
If the issue persists, run a calibration and test on the battery using the steps listed here,
And a test on the AC adapter by clicking here for steps.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
11-20-2019 06:36 PM
@Sheyiie That's awesome, thanks for the update!
And have an awesome day ahead.
If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.
I am an HP Employee