Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP X360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop had some issues after receiving it from mail services to begin with..

Firstly the battery was discharging faster than it should have

Secondly we noticed a crack around the charger port, (this was bought brand new off of the HP web-store) when a couple months later- a piece of the frame fell off. I highly doubt this has anything to do with the battery though. 
after awhile I thought nothing of the battery, and should have when I still had a warranty.

I Troubleshooted and got nowhere..

Yes, I did consult many troubleshooting guides and handbooks for a quick solve however nothing solved my issue. It has been over a year since we bought the laptop, and the battery has failed and has chosen not to return.

But here’s the problem..

My warranty has ran out for a month now, and i was considering consulting support but I chose not to, and decided to work my way into the laptop and reseat the battery. However this didn’t work. Any help would be nice, please and thank you. This is my laptop I need for school.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AC3Design

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is not getting charged.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Is the battery getting detected in Windows? If yes, then I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If the battery is not getting detected in Windows, then I recommend you contact support as it might be a hardware issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

More issues though, as the laptop literally won’t turn on and I sometimes get a flashing orange light (3 times) or a flashing white light constantly (but more of the orange). There is two times where the laptop decided to turn on and boot into windows recovery. But now it’s back to orange light blinking three times. Any help

would Be nice.

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette please check my newest response on my account for further details.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.