Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Laptop broken hinges

HP Recommended
15-be016TU
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The hinge on my laptop (out of warranty) is messed up. The laptop still works perfectly fine and I can use it, however the hinge prevents me from closing it or even adjusting the screen even slightly. It is really loose, and I can feel that the hinge has come apart at the back. Every time I try to adjust the screen it makes a cracking noise and becomes looser. I have found a small bit of black plastic (like, a tiny bit) which I assume has come off of it but it might not be from the laptop. It is also pulling apart the casing around the screen of the laptop.

I understand that it is likely not going to be possible to fix this without paying, but is there anything I can do to fix it even slightly? It is very inconvenient as I can't bring my laptop anywhere and I have to be incredibly careful whenever moving it.

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,399 14,401 1,407 1,634
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Dip007

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

As the unit is OOW, you may also visit the service center - https://support.hp.com/in-en/service-center

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation