• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop case disintegrating

HP Notebook - 14-cm0999na

Hi, not sure if I am posting this in the right place. I first noticed a little crack in my laptop case maybe about 8-10 months after buying my laptop and didn't think much of it other then it was slightly annoying cosmetically. However in the last month the laptop case is basically disintegrating away from the right hinge. The entire right side of the laptop is now almost separated to the point where charging is becoming difficult and when you see inside you can see an internal screw has come loose. It is only 15 months since I bought the laptop so I am out of warranty but the issues started well within warranty. The laptop has never been dropped or mishandled in any way it has simply started breaking away from the right hinge, I have never really experienced this with a laptop before. Basically is there any way HP will fix this if it started within warranty?  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,857 14,820 641 707
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop case disintegrating

@mwalker99

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation