Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
17.3 HD Touchscreen notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I really want to know why HP keeps making crap computers that crack near the power input from opening and closing the screen. This is my 4th HP (previous models were the Pavilion) that has fallen apart in the same way. It starts as a small crack, then grows every time you open and close your computer. To the point where I leave it open as much as possible because past experience has taught me that it escalates to that half of the screen breaking off and hanging by the wires until it won't work at all. This one is cracking over my speaker now. I probably have a few more months before I will be forced to buy a new computer. Which is ridiculous. I thought paying more for this one, and the fact that it has an aluminum body, would make a difference in the quality, but I was sadly mistaken. When will HP make a decent computer that lasts? Now I understand why people buy the way more expensive Apple computers. My daughter has had hers WAY longer than the 2.5 years I have had this HP POS and has not had any issues. This one also has a CD drive and it broke too. It won't open all the way and the silver outer body won't stay on properly. I'm more disappointed in this computer that cost me more than other Pavilions I purchased in the past. 

I really want to hear from someone at HP, because every time this starts happening just out of warranty when nothing can be done. I'm tired of buying a new computer every couple of years. I'm at the point where I may NEVER buy another HP. 

How many other of you are having this same issue? I'm guessing there are a LOT of us. HP needs to redesign because this is an ongoing problem now for years.

20201215_024402.jpg20201215_024416.jpg20201215_024428.jpg20201215_024433.jpg20201215_024446.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @coastiemom24,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. Of course, it's out of warranty. This only happens once it's out of warranty. It's a flaw in the design that keeps happening with every system I buy from HP. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.