Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hi folks, 

Today i turned on my Probook 440G6 after many months not using it. When i first tried to boot on the battery, nothing happened.  Then i plugged it in to the sector and the computer booted but the F5 F11 and  Caps Lock  led flashed several time. Then after maybe 30 seconds, the UEFI loaded, but displayed an error message saying something like "due to a battery problem, the time could not be set" and then proceeded loading windows. To my suprise, the battery was at 64 %, as i though this problem was due to an empty battery. 

Then, i tried booting again on the battery. The computer booted fine except an F5 led flashing one time and an F11 led remaining on until the loading of windows.

What do you guys thing the issue is ? Could it be the CMOS battery ?

Your help would be greatly appreciaded, as would like to avoid this to happen again, when i am far from a plug.

Thanks in advance

Nico

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi.

The RTC (CMOS) battery is not likely to have caused the main battery issue.

The way to prevent this is to never let the notebook's main battery get below 21% charge. Charge it once in a while and store it at 70% of full charge.

20% is the point into which the battery may go into a charge state into which it might not be able to be recovered into useability.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, tks for jour reply, but i'm afraid you havent read m'y question properly...

I said that when i managed to turn the machine on, the battery was still at 64%...

HP Recommended

I suggest starting on the power adapter and then running the main battery test in the HP Suport Assistant to see if the battery has failed.

Just because it said 64% capacity  does not mean it can't have issues. 

The time setting problem would be a low RTC battery (less than 3v). 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.