2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Laptop docking problem

HP Recommended
HP Laptop 17 by3053cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I didn't realize that I have a new laptop that doesn't have a usb-c port. I bought a dock that uses USB-c. I am looking for a solution that will allow me to use the dock and connect and power my laptop. Has anyone addressed this problem? 

If not, is there a dock that i can use to connect my laptop to a display and other accessories that is similar?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
89,319 89,198 11,438 24,538
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lakeray wrote:

...  I am looking for a solution that will allow me to use the dock and connect and power my laptop...

@Lakeray 

There is no dock on market today to allow you to power your machine. Full stop. Now what is your requirements ?  Any standard USB-A dock should work with your machine BUT If you wish to have 2 or more external monitors (and notebook monitor - total 3), please enter your requirement on the following link and it will find for you few USB-A DisplayLink Certified options on market today including some HP products (you can select HP before Search)

https://www.displaylink.com/products/universal-docking-stations

For example

https://www.displaylink.com/products/find?cat=1&res=1920x1080&num=2&br=5&vid_hdmi=1&usba=1

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Lakeray
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One more question. Do you know if the

ALOGIC UNIVERSAL TWIN HD - USB-C DOPCKING STATION WITH USB-A COMPATIBILITY

will charge the laptop or provide power to it while connected?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation