Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13-d016nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Morning,

It's been a few days now that my HP Envy 13-d016nl has charging issues. When it is plugged in it charges intermittently, with the charging led moving from orange to white. This happens both when the laptop is on and off.

Moreover, when unplugged, the computer suddenly turns off without giving any notice of low battery levels or, if it does, the time span between notification and switching off is really brief.

I tried to use other two different charger, one of the same model and one of a Pavillion 14-l101nl. Nothing has changed. 

I've run HP pc hardware diagnostic for windows in order to evaluate battery status but it did not detect any problem.

What could it be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Addan29,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community. Superb description and commendable diagnosis of the issue. Kudos to you for that. I will be glad to share this space with you and assist you and let us work as a team to get this done. I understand that this is your first visit to the HP support forums page.

• Did you update the bios and chipset drivers?
  • Did you run diagnostics on the battery from the F2 diagnostics page?
  • Does your computer work correctly with only the charger plugged in?

For now, please try these steps:

• Please uninstall the ACPI battery drivers from device manager by following these steps:
  • Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand Batteries>then select all the drivers including the ACPI drivers and uninstall it one at a time. Then restart the computer and check again.

If it does not get resolved, then calibrate the battery from this link:https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-ab200-notebook-pc-series/8499306/model/8818875/d...

• Then update the bios and chipset drivers from this link http://hp.com/drivers and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Now check for issue resolution. If it continues, then please check this link out to improve battery performance. There is an associated video included as well. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640 HP Notebook PCs - Improving Battery Performance (Windows 10, 8, 7):
  • Also, run all the latest Windows 10 updates along with the latest HP support assistant updates.
  • This should do the trick for you as long as the battery has no hardware issues. Otherwise, it needs to be replaced.

I am being honest about it here by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush. I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Addan29,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community. Superb description and commendable diagnosis of the issue. Kudos to you for that. I will be glad to share this space with you and assist you and let us work as a team to get this done. I understand that this is your first visit to the HP support forums page.

• Did you update the bios and chipset drivers?
  • Did you run diagnostics on the battery from the F2 diagnostics page?
  • Does your computer work correctly with only the charger plugged in?

For now, please try these steps:

• Please uninstall the ACPI battery drivers from device manager by following these steps:
  • Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand Batteries>then select all the drivers including the ACPI drivers and uninstall it one at a time. Then restart the computer and check again.

If it does not get resolved, then calibrate the battery from this link:https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-ab200-notebook-pc-series/8499306/model/8818875/d...

• Then update the bios and chipset drivers from this link http://hp.com/drivers and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Now check for issue resolution. If it continues, then please check this link out to improve battery performance. There is an associated video included as well. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01297640 HP Notebook PCs - Improving Battery Performance (Windows 10, 8, 7):
  • Also, run all the latest Windows 10 updates along with the latest HP support assistant updates.
  • This should do the trick for you as long as the battery has no hardware issues. Otherwise, it needs to be replaced.

I am being honest about it here by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush. I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Addan29,

Please check your private message.

Thanks and have a great day,

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello!

Thank you very much for your help! I tried your solutions and now it seems to work! I am going to test it for a couple of day but i think it has been solved!!

Thank you again!

HP Recommended

@Addan29,

Awesome. This is music to my ears. It did not take a Sherlock Holmes to figure things out. It is great to hear from you again and your technical competence and persistence are laudable.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Take care and have a great year ahead and stay healthy.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Goodmorning,

unfortunately, after a few days of perfect functioning, my laptop started over to show the same issue. I went on with the guide you provided, trying to calibrate the battery, but the test has been passed smoothly, so that no calibration was needed. I then proceeded to update the Bios, the chipset drivers  and all the windows 10 and HP support assistant updates. 

Regrettably, nothing changed!

I now think that i should change the battery, although i still do not get why the diagnostic tools did not detect anything.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.