Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I got my laptop in 2016. It’s worked liked a charm since then. A couple of days ago I noticed it wouldn’t charge when plugged in. Naturally, I thought it was the charger. So I performed an AC adapter test and it failed. So I bought a new charger only for it not to work either. I think at this point it’s the laptop itself. I’ve looked at other discussions on here and people have mentioned doing hard resets and I have tried that also and that doesn’t work either. Now, my laptop has died. I’m kind of at a standstill here because I need my laptop for school, and I’m unsure what to do. Any suggestions???
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Okay so update: The laptop somehow still has some battery life. I turned the laptop on and performed an AC adapter test on the new charger and the old one and they both failed. During this time, I also performed a test on the laptop’s actually battery through HP’s Support Assistant application on the laptop and it said the battery was still good. Super confused. Could it be the charging port??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.