Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion x360 - 14m-dh0001dx. It came with a 128 m.2 sata ssd. There is space available to add a second 2.5 in sata SSD, and I want to make this upgrade. I have purchased the required parts, including the cable and the SSD. The cable connects to the motherboard through a port called "HDD1". However, once I try to boot it, the power button rapidly flashes and the laptop doesn't post. I tried a hard reset, using Win + B and powering. This doesn't work. I cannot even get into the BIOS since the screen is blank and the system doesn't post. Please help.

Thank you,

Anirudh

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ABD26 

My guess is that the PC is trying to boot from the extra SSD and since that is blank, it is failing.  Ordinarily, you would get some error message to that effect, like No Boot Device or No Operating System, but in your case, the PC is simply locking up.

The PC clearly will not work with a second SSD connected, so you have to abandon that approach.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info!

I'm planning to install Ubuntu on the second SSD. I feel if I install the OS via USB and install it internally, the PC should boot and I can set up the BIOS load order later. Will reply again once done with my results.

HP Recommended

@ABD26 

I understand your plan as I have done that myself numerous times -- installed Linux -- but that does not change the BIOS being unable to see the drive, even if you install Linux on the SSD using a different PC.  The installed OS has no affect on the ability of the BIOS to see a drive.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.