Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15 Gaming laptop

Hello,

The fans of my laptop was making bad noises so i decided to clean them

After cleaning up the fans and I pressed to power button and it doesnt start.

The power button blinks once and nothing happens. No fan sound or anything.

I opened the seal again to check if there is anything unplugged but everything is in place.
I pressed down the power button for 30 seconds but still no response. The power button blinks once and thats it.
I checked the ram slots. swapped them etc even but the problem still occurs.

Whats the issue here!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This is sad to discuss but whenever you open up a laptop there is a risk that you will damage electronic components with electrostatic discharge. I have not examined your laptop but assuming you are correct that everything is reassembled correctly the evidence points toward some kind of catastrophic failure. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.