Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP PRobook 450 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

With trusts this finds you good,

I am having issues with charging. When I Connect the charger with my laptop, it hangs/freezes after 4 - 5 minutes of use. First the Wireless connection disconnects, and after a few seconds the laptop hangs all out. Only the backlit keyboard light works usual, that is when I press any button, the back light glows, and gets off after 10-15 seconds. Screen remain freezes, no key works, like ctrl+alt+del etc.. no external mouse works. I am using Windows 10 Pro, 10.0.17134, Build 17134.

The problem started when I changed my original 1TB hard drive to 512GB SATA SSD Drive (Samsung 860 EVO 6Gb/s). The laptop works fine on battery for hours without any problem. 

I have gone through the diagnostics tests of the startup, including the Hard Disk Drive Extensive test which took 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete. All hardware (HDD and Memory tests passed).

I also turned off Link State Power MAnagement in PCI Express  options under Advance Settings of the Power Options as told in one of the forums.

Any solution? I could not arrange a new charger to test it but I did the Hardware Diagnostics while using the same Charger. So I do not think there is any issue with the charger.

Thanking in anticipation,

RM

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.