Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-2300 Notebook PC series
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I have HP pavilion g6 notebook. This laptop heats up very quickly and fan make lot of sound. Any help on this? 

Regards

Saurov

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @saurov,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I understand that the notebook is overheating.

Don't worry I'll be glad to help.

I have a few steps to resolve this issue:  

Symptoms of heat issues and causes of excessive heat  

The following list describes some of the issues caused by overheating in the notebook:  

• Games stop responding during play.  

• Windows stops responding during use.  

• Fans inside the notebook become louder because they are spinning faster as the laptop gets hot, to remove the heat.  

• When starting the laptop, it sometimes stops at a black screen and does not open into Windows. Windows usually stop responding when it does open.  

The following list describes some causes of excessive heat:  

• Dust inside the laptop.  

• A new component, such as a hard drive, is added. The extra component causes the power supply to work harder and generate more heat. Extra heat also radiates off the new component and adds to the temperature inside the case.  

• Over time, some cooling fans might slow down and wear out, as the laptop is getting hot, depending on the usage of the laptop.  

• High ambient room temperature.  

Step 1: Removing dust and lint by cleaning vents  

Step 2: Ensuring proper space for ventilation  

Step 3: Updating the BIOS  

Step 4: Using HP CoolSense technology  

Step 5: Placing the notebook in a cooler room  

Step 6: Testing for hardware failure  

If the hardware has failed, capture the failure ID and revert for further assistance.  

If the Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal: Click here for more details. 

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Said that, if I have helped you resolve the issue.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. 

I will try this options.

Saurov

HP Recommended

Hi @saurov,

It looks like you were interacting with @Raj1788, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HARD DRIVE SHORT DST CHECK: FAILED

FAILURE ID: 64WHBQ-6NG90S-MFPWWJ-60QL03

PRODUCT ID: C9M35PA#ACJ

PLEASE SUGGEST FURTHER.

Regards

Saurov

HP Recommended

@saurov,

I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

If your product is Out of warranty, then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted on any other assistance.

Hope that helps! Let me know 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. 

To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.