MattinAustin
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop hinge problem

17-ak0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My wife and I each bought a 17 inch laptop in Dec 2017, from the HP Store. We have been very happy with them, performance-wise. However, in the last week BOTH of our laptops have had a hinge problem on the right side. There is now a separation of the case on the upper, screen-side of the hinges. We try to pop it back in place, but it keeps coming apart. We are worried that this will lead to a bigger failure if we don't fix it. We are out of the warranty period, but are hoping HP can help us out. It's strange, the laptops always did have a bit of a popping noise, when opening and shutting. They always seemed too resistant to opening and closing, but we just figured that's how they are and never realized it would lead to this!

1 REPLY 1
1,238 1,238 62 122
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop hinge problem

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation