09-12-2019 07:46 AM
My laptop has 2 fans, named fan 1 and fan 2 for the purpose of this question. Fan 1 runs at a steady 2000RPM whilst Fan 2 runs at around 230RPM idling. Fan 2 never rises above 250RPM. When gaming the laptop temperature increases upto 89 degrees yet Fan 2 still remains below 250RPM. Fan 1 will speed right up to around the 4000RPM mark and become noisy. Is there any way to make them share the load or increase the speed of Fan 2?
09-16-2019 07:12 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
HP does not recommend to use Third party measuring apps as they are not tested by HP and may not be accurate.
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: ( do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating )
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629 If the problem persists, continue to the next step.
Click here https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01657439 Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee