Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp envy laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The keyboard is not working on the hp envy laptop after updating Windows 10 to 1903 version. After trying all suggested online methods was able to restore the tocupsd pointer only by uninstalling sypnatic software. The remote diagnosis from hp do not detect any issue. Kindly advise.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Vita4

Welcome to HP support community.

Check if an alternate keyboard works fine to confirm if this is either a software or hardware issue?

Meanwhile:

Create a new user account and check if it works:

• Tap the Windows icon.
  • Select Settings.
  • Tap Accounts.
  • Select Family & other users.
  • Tap "Add someone else to this PC."
  • Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."
  • Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."
  • Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear @sandytechy20. It is a software issue. I contacted the hp and we tried the keyboard doing the test and it is working on the start up. I also reversed to the previous version 1803  of Windows and it is also working. Unfortunately the automatic update assistant keeps installing the newest version 1903 and also 1803 is not under service any longer. I was able to get the pointer on the touchpad working by uninstalling its software, Microsoft keeps sending the latest software for that as well, so I keep uninstalling and installing. When I checked the community online, it looks like this particular issue affecting many people.

I recall years back upon the first installation of the Windows 10, I had the same issue, I went through a difficult time to ring solution and after trying all possible advised methods, I came across the answer of one lady, she said go to device manager and untick something, some adaptor I think, but I don't remember what exactly, but it worked like magic and it took only a second. I keep looking for that blog and advise but cannot find it any longer.

HP Recommended

@Vita4,

Let's try these steps here: 

Disable Windows Update Service

Understand the limitations of this method. While disabling the automatic update service will temporarily halt any Windows 10 cumulative updates, the service will re-enable itself after a certain amount of time. Here are the directions:

1. Press the Windows logo key + R at the same time to invoke the Run box.

2. Type services.msc and press Enter.

invoke run box and type services.msc

3. Scroll down to Windows Update, and double-click it.

find windows update and double-click it

4. In Startup type, select "Disabled". Then click "Apply" and "OK" to save the settings.

disable the windows update service

Let me know the outcome!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.