Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-BE001TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I own HP 15-BE001TU laptop, Serial number- [Personal Information Removed]. Now the laptop is not detecting the adaptor, the red indicator to show it is charging is not working now. Checked the same adaptor with other HP laptops and is working fine. What might be the problem?

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Sp052

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Does the notebook shut down immediately (right after you unplug the charger)?
  • Do you get any error message on your notebook (Such as Plugged in, not charging, etc.)?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)

BIOS default:

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

If the test passes, continue with these steps:

1. Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.

2. Expand batteries.

3. Right-click on the ACPI option (usually the 2nd option) and select delete or uninstall. Follow the prompts.

4. Shut down the computer. 

5. Disconnect the charger.

6. Remove the battery.

7. Hold down the power button for 1 minute.

8. Insert the battery only.

9. Attempt to turn the battery on.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the resolution but none of the resolution works as the battery is fully drained and am not able to turn the laptop on as it is not recognising charger. Led indicator is not showing anything. Now coming to your questions

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update? No, I have done the last windows update 2-3 weeks back
  • Does the notebook shut down immediately (right after you unplug the charger)?Nope, laptop battery has the backup power which lasts to almost 3 hrs. But I was not aware of this issue as my younger siblings were using the laptop and they don't bother to shutdown once the purpose is done. So the laptop was left to totally drain of it's power.
  • Do you get any error message on your notebook (Such as Plugged in, not charging, etc.)? Not that I know of. 
HP Recommended

@Sp052

Thank you for posting back. 

• Are you seeing LED light when ac adapter is plugged in?
  • Did you try another charger?

If power is removed and then re-applied while the battery is at or above 95%, the battery charge LED will not illuminate. The battery charge LED will only illuminate if the battery is between 0 and 94% when power is applied.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Are you seeing LED light when ac adapter is plugged in?

No led light response.

Did you try another charger?

Yes and still its not turning on. Tried same charger in another laptop and charger is working properly.

HP Recommended

@Sp052

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to back up your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows)You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.