Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop mute button stuck on

Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I muted my sound but I noticed that the volume bar would remain on the side, so i tried to unmute it, but it seems almost as if there is someone pressing the mute button; no matter how high i turn the volume, it automatically goes back all the way down to mute. The orange light on mute is flickering as well. It really bothers me and uses my battery, is anyone able to help me?

5 REPLIES 5
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1,178 1,151 69 145
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jj18_ wrote:

I muted my sound but I noticed that the volume bar would remain on the side, so i tried to unmute it, but it seems almost as if there is someone pressing the mute button; no matter how high i turn the volume, it automatically goes back all the way down to mute. The orange light on mute is flickering as well. It really bothers me and uses my battery, is anyone able to help me?

Hi jj18,

Go to hp.com/support then click software and drivers. Enter you computer's product number and scroll down to Driver-Audio and download the driver. This will fix any issues with the mute (F6 Button)..

Cheers!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos
jj18_ Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thank you so much for your reply but this method doesn't seem to work too well. It went away for about a minute but it came back right after. Is there anything else that may be causing this?

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1,178 1,151 69 145
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jj18_ wrote:

Hi, thank you so much for your reply but this method doesn't seem to work too well. It went away for about a minute but it came back right after. Is there anything else that may be causing this?

Go back to the driver options and download the BIOS..

Please let us know what happened..

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos
jj18_ Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, is there something I should do after installing the driver? The problem still persists.
0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1,178 1,151 69 145
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following methods:

Run a diagnostics test and Clean boot

Diagnostic test

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

Clean boot

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/929135

Kindly update us with the result..

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation