Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop not charging

HP Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
For a while now my laptop charger won't work and it takes a few attempts of wiggling it around to get it to work. Now, the orange light on the side that indicates charging won't light up, the light is white and a message from HP comes up telling me there's not enough power to charge it. After that, the light disappears and if I plug it in, no light comes on and I'm currently unable to charge it. Not sure if it's the charger or the port.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,429 24,384 2,068 3,209
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop not charging

@SC244
Welcome to the HP Forums,
I hope you're well 🙂

As I understand the laptop doesn't charge unless the cable is either wiggled or moved around and the best way to check or confirm the cause of the failure is to try with an alternate adapter, 

If you have used an alternate adapter and that's doing the same thing, it's an issue with the port, either way, you will need to contact the HP Phone support and get yourself a repair or a replacement adapter (free of charge, if your computer is covered by the HP warranty).

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation