01-18-2017 09:37 AM
I have a HP laptop that I am struggling to turn on. Here are the key problems I have:
-When I plug my charger in with the battery inside the laptop, the charging light shows an orange-ish (I'm colour-blind, so it may be red or green) light, indicating the charger works.
-If I press the power-button with the charger and battery plugged in, the laptop turns on for around 5 seconds, but the charging light on the laptop flashes blue (the light doesn't flash with the charger in, but laptop off).
-If I have the charger plugged in without the battery in the laptop, the charging light appears. If I press the power button in this state, the charging light blinks black a bit and then turns back on. The laptop does not turn on at all.
Thanks in advance!
01-19-2017 07:23 AM
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read about your HP Notebook - 15-r110na and getting a battery issue.
Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,
- Test the AC adapter using the UEFI Hardware Diagnostic tests.
- Remove the notebook battery and check the contact points to make sure they are not damaged.
- Unplug all USB devices from the notebook.
- Unplug the AC power cable.
- Insert the battery into the battery compartment on the bottom of the notebook computer.
- Plug the AC power cable into the computer and into an AC wall outlet, then allow the battery to charge for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Then turn on the computer.
Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.
If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,
Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".
Let me know how you make out.
I am an HP Employee
01-25-2017 09:22 AM
I also tried testing the AC adapter and battery in the UEFI test. The battery passed the test, but the AC adapter test kept asking me to reconnect the AC adapter every 10 seconds, so I think the AC adapter is not detected when the laptop is turned on, even if thr charging light turns on when the laptop is off and the AC adapter is plugged in.
I'm not sure if it's the charger orvtge power connector's fault that the AC adapter is not detected when the laptop is on. I tried a hard reset, but that didn't help.
01-25-2017 10:06 AM