Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I brought my laptop in May of 2019 for uni work, work I needed to do on my computer for my job, and for playing games. 

I chose the laptop I wanted and needed very carefully. For a while, it worked as I would like. I was pleased with the fast speed of the start-up, how the programmes loaded, and how I could play sizeable games on platforms like Steam and Origin without issue. 

In the last few months, I have noticed if I try to play games on the laptop now it gets very hot and the fans become very loud. I have removed games from my computer because of this in case they were causing damage, although I do not understand how they could. More recently the start-up and shut down time takes far longer than before, sometimes not shutting down at all unless forced. 

I have followed advice I've been given to clear space on my computer, remove big programmes (which I do have the memory space for), and updated all the drivers I have been recommended from HP and any windows updates I can to ensure my PC is running smoothly. 

I have been doing diagnostics checks through the HP windows app and I keep being told to calibrate my battery which I have tried to do and nothing changes. 

I am concerned I need a new battery or fans but this is out of my area of knowledge. 

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks

J

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.