Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-bs086nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

16084835249592246600351175055788.jpg

 i was going to upgrade my hdd to ssd since my hdd is having short test failure and always running slow with 100% usage all the time however after i embedded the new ssd it is not turning on (probably shorting because originally there is no screw attached to the "supposed ssd screw"  so i used a random screw). When removing the ssd it is turning on. Please dont be a compatibility issue

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you install a SATA or NVMe M.2 SSD? 

I will assume you installed a NVMe drive based on what you have reported.

Your notebook's M.2 slot only supports SATA M.2 SSD's as set forth in chapter 1 of the service manual.

HP 15 Laptop PC (Intel)HP 15g Laptop PCHP 15q Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

HP Recommended

Okay i see. Does that explain why the laptop is not turning on? Why? 

HP Recommended

Some notebooks react differently to an unsupported device being installed.

For example, another notebook that doesn't support a NVMe SSD may turn on and report no disk drive found, or the drive may not show up in the BIOS.

Apparently your model--again if that is a M.2 NVMe SSD you installed, just doesn't turn on at all until the unsupported device is removed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.