Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (62 Views)

Laptop not working as expected

Product Name: envy-13-ab007na
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have only had the laptop since June yet have been unhappy with it since the start: 

1. the area above the keyboard gets so hot in use you are unable to touch it, this is both when charging and when not

2. the laptop sounds like it is working overdrive and about to take off even doing the most simplest tasks 

3. the sound quality despite ebing bang and olufsen is extremly poor, i have had to buy a wireless speaker for it 

4. The screen will randomly flash black 

5. when using chrome the laptop will freeze 

6. it general struggles to keep up sometimes and programs such as word fail. 

I only use the laptop for university work and watching online films and tv therefore i am not placing huge demands on it and also have not downloads any programs for it other than microsoft office. 

Please inform me what i have to do, my brother has the identical laptop and has no issues so I wonder why mine,brought after his does. 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (29 Views)

Re: Laptop not working as expected

Hi @Breeze8,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I read the post regarding the computer being super slow and having performance issues. It will be a pleasure to assist you here.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

• Have you run complete hardware diagnostics on the computer to eliminate hardware failure?
  • Did this happen after a windows or software update do you remember?
  • Have you run virus and spyware scans on the machine?
  • For a start, please perform complete hardware diagnostics on the computer to ensure that the hardware is fully functional.
  • If any failure code gets displayed for a failed component, then please make a note of it. The computer needs to be serviced as it could have a hardware failure. Please run both extensive tests and component tests. It takes about 2 hours to run.
  • If all the tests pass, then please run virus and spyware scans with very reliable security software to quarantine them or delete them if found.
  • Later please perform all the prescribed steps from this document for slow performance issues. Please perform only those steps that have not been done yet by you.
  • Also please perform all the prescribed steps from this document HP PCs - Using Task Manager (Windows 10, 8)
  • Please check which process is eating up CPU and computer resources and make a note of it Then follow all the steps mentioned in the document to try and resolve the issue.
  • Please check this Microsoft document for enhancing performance issues and perform the relevant steps.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation