Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-dy1051wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, 

I'm not sure if this is the right section for my question, but I have a Dell docking station and I have this laptop that I'm trying to get to work with the docking station.  Except the USB ports on my laptop are only data transfer I believe.  What options do I have, if any, that will allow me to use my laptop with this docking station.  I'm not sure if I get a USB-C to USB adapter if that would fix the problem or if there is something else.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Bkq15 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06463306

I don't know what is your Dell docking station but the best you can get is to use your dock to connect to external drives and/or keyboard and mouse.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

My docking station is a Dell WD19TBS Amazon link and I'm not sure what you mean.  I've hooked up monitors, keyboard, and mouse to the docking station and plug it into the laptop, but it doesn't work.  Is there a solution where I can use an adaptor or download some software to be able to use both of them together?

HP Recommended

@ The Dell dock specs

https://www.dell.com/en-au/shop/dell-thunderbolt-dock-wd19tb-module/apd/470-aebs/pc-accessories#tech...

Definitely it is NOT compatible with your machine.  Your machine only has basic USB-C port. Again, the best you can get is to use your dock to connect to external drives and/or keyboard and mouse.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Yes I understand, but what other options do I have with this laptop?  I have been using a KVM that allows me to use monitors and other perphials.  So, is there no docks that will work with this laptop?  I mean even a specific one that is sold by HP?  Even if I connect with the dock and just use keyboard/mouse, is there an adapter I can buy that will allow me to use the monitors as well?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.