Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 15 au620TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

For the past two weeks my laptop only charges when shut down or in sleep mode. When I plug it in when it's turned on, the charging light turns orange and the battery icon says ''plugged in not charging" but after a few seconds the light turns white and the "plugged in not charging" disappears but when shut down or put in sleep mode the battery fully charges. Tried the following suggested fixes, uninstalling and reinstalling the ACPI drivers, Updating the BIOS and even getting a battery replacement but the issue is still persistent. Highly appreciate any help offered. Have a good day 😊

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PeterNdwiga

Since the battery test passed, you can try with an alternate AC adapter, If it works fine, the AC adapter has to be replaced.

If the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

In both the above cases, please contact HP Support as mentioned in my earlier post.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@PeterNdwiga

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Have you tried with an alternate AC Adapter?

Since you have already tried reinstalling the ACPI drivers and updated the BIOS and the issue persists, I recommend you to test the battery.

Click here to run a battery test on the PC.

If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Untitled.png

@Kumar0307 wrote:

@PeterNdwiga

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Have you tried with an alternate AC Adapter?

Since you have already tried reinstalling the ACPI drivers and updated the BIOS and the issue persists, I recommend you to test the battery.

Click here to run a battery test on the PC.

If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Hi Kumar, appreciate you reaching out to assist. So i ran the diagnostics tool and the results tell me the battery is fine but im yet to try out a different adapter

HP Recommended

@PeterNdwiga

Since the battery test passed, you can try with an alternate AC adapter, If it works fine, the AC adapter has to be replaced.

If the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

In both the above cases, please contact HP Support as mentioned in my earlier post.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar, first of all thanks allot for the help bud. So i replaced my AC Adapter earlier today with a newer one and the issue's resolved! Again, thanks allot

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.