Daveda Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop only works with the charger inserted but the charger isn't charging the battery

Hi,

My laptop won't hold a charge. I have replaced the battery and charger. The only time it works is when the charger is inserted into the laptop but even though it's plugged in it won't charge and will shut down immediately after the charger is removed. Please help.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 9841 921 1440
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop only works with the charger inserted but the charger isn't charging the battery

Hello @Daveda, Greetings!

Thanks for joining HP forums and I am happy to assist you with the battery charging issue that you are facing with your laptop.

I would like to know if the battery is getting charged when you close the lid and then if you connect the charger. If the battery is getting fully charged if you keep the lid closed, please provide me with the product number of your laptop so that I can provide you with some possible solutions.

But if the battery is not getting charged even if the lid is closed, then I am afraid that the battery connectors inside your laptop have gone bad. In that case, If your Laptop is under warranty, you can call HP Support to setup a repair for your laptop. You can visit http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp to fill in your product details to get the HP tech support number.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us again. Have a great day!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation