LAC5 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop overheating and fan incredibly loud after Windows update

HP Pavilion x360 - 13-s150sa

My laptop initiated a Windows update over a week ago, and since then it overheats regularly and the fan becomes incredibly loud at regular intervals (approx. every 5 minutes). Prior to this update, I had zero issues with the laptop; the fan was extremely quiet and there was no such overheating. How can this be rectified? i.e. how can the fan be returned to its former quiet state prior to the software update?

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 712 1901
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop overheating and fan incredibly loud after Windows update

HI@LAC5,  

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that after a Windows update was installed, the laptop is overheating and the fan is very loud.  Here is a link to documentation that I think may help. HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal.  

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs Up” below!  🙂  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation