Kamiiri Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop overheating and fans very loud when doing nothing???

HP Beats Special Edition Noteb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got this laptop a little more than a year ago and the fans worked fine (aside from the occasional overheating). Yesterday, it was working normal. I tried to turn it on today and suddenly the fans were extremely loud and working fast. My laptop was very hot and my computer shut off. When I turned it back on, it said it overheated. Every time I turned it on, it would suddenly shut off after a few minutes. I have it on currently, but I am doing NOTHING on it, and the fans are still working like crazy. I don't know what to do at this point...I've tried everything. Is it even possible to replace the fans on this laptop? I don't even know if that would help. I'm really not experienced with this kind of stuff.

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
38619 38437 5899 10279
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Possible to replace them or just clean them out. But we need the full and exact model number of the laptop. Or product #. Hit fn + esc to bring up system information page. 

0 Kudos
Kamiiri Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay, this is what it says:

Product Name: HP Beats 15 Notebook PC

Product Number: N8W02UA#ABA

BIOS: F.40-07/21/2015

Keyboard Revision: 72.48

Total Memory: 8.00 GB

Processor Name: AMD A10-7300 Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation