Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EvilChuckie
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop plugged in but not charging the battery

I have 2 HP9000's and I had intermittent issues with battery "battery plugged, charging" (without actually charging the battery) "battery plugged in, Not charging" sometimes a RED X on the battery Icon or sometimes "no battery" and if I removed the battery sometimes this would change but the battery still would not charge! both of these laptops showed similar issues, after reading about the cable issue that connects the motherboard to the top cover (where the volume, Q, DVD control etc.) I disconnected the "top cover" from the first laptop and now the battery issue if fixed, on the second laptop I disconnected the "top cover" but the battery issue remained? so after lifting the keyboard and removing the "flat cable that connects the "top cover to the mother board, it to is now working perfectly.  Also the % battery is also working.

Now I could start to check out if its the same issue with both laptops either the cable or the small PC board under the top cover, but as they are now old models and I didn't need the touch buttons to work I left the cable out of them both, now I have 2 charging/working  laptops   apart from the CD/DVD player not working on both?? but that's for another day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation