Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
m6-p113dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having a problem where when I plug in this laptop, it runs much slower, the cpu downclocking itself. Is the charger for this laptop just too weak to sustain the clockrate while plugged in or something?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Jetman82,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY m6-p113dx Notebook and performance issues being slow on AC adapter. Here is a document on troubleshooting slow responses on the Notebook.

Have you installed new Apps or software on the Notebook?

You can do a system restore. System restore will help if something automatically updated and did not go well on the Notebook.

When performing a System restore please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices as they can cause issues.

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!Smiley Happy.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi, sorry my response back is so late, I kinda just learned to deal with the slowing down when plugged into the charger. However, lately I've been doing more runnable compilations and I'm noticing how bad it is. Your suggestion didn't fix the issue, but I appreciate the attempt. It seems as if the charger isn't supplying the system with enough voltage to maintain proper clock speeds. I could be wrong on this of course, as I haven't actually opened up the adapter and used my volt meter on it, but That's what I think is the issue.

HP Recommended

Thought i'd give you an upate, used cpu-z to check the cpu's specs while plugged in, idk if it's a power saving state or what, but the clock rate multiplier plummets down, causing the cpu to only run at about 1.4ghz when plugged in.

HP Recommended

I posted about this awhile back but never got a follow-up response, I've noticed from day 1 that this laptop's multiplier and  core VID both plummet when it's plugged in. the clock speed will go as low as 1.4ghz and the vid drops from 1v down to 0.825v. Is there anything I can do about this, it's very irritating to try and get any sort of programming or rendering done while it's charging due to the clockspeeds plummeting. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.