Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Laptop screen on HP Paviilion Gaming separating on right side.

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've got a problem with my HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop.  The computer is less than two years old (I bought it in December of 2018), and about a month ago I noticed that whenever I open the laptop screen, there is a cracking sound, and the screen is coming apart at the hinge as well as on the edges on the right side of the computer.  I have been nothing but careful with this computer, and have never dropped it.  I'm currently holding it together with packing tape (which is only a short term solution) and am quite concerned as this has happened in the past with HP laptops I have purchased (it happened to my wife's computer when it was less than a year old).  While I do have a warranty, I need this laptop for work (I'm an online instructor) and cannot be parted from it for an extended period of time.  Indeed, I'm seriously considering never purchasing another HP product, as most of the laptops I've purchased from this company have ended up going kaput within only a couple of years of purchasing them.  I do have an extended warranty, and would like to see what my options are before making the decision to give up on HP for good.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,399 14,401 1,407 1,634
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @prhurley

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have the same problem

Did you fix the issue?

I just want to make sure whether it's worth fixing

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Sir,

So far I've had people respond to me with rather unspecific replies such as "someone will contact you," so unfortunately the issue hasn't been fixed.  TBH, I took some packing tape to fasten it back to the hinge which seems to keep things together for the time being (as long as you can deal with the "crack" sound when you open the screen up).  I'm just keeping an eye on it for the moment and if the tape gets loose I just reapply it with new tape.  The wonders of modern technology, huh?

I'm going to see how long this can ride out, but next time I'm buying either an Acer or Lenovo.  This issue has happened with both my and my wife's computers, and short of completely replacing my laptop, I'll never be an HP customer again.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation