Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,
I'm using HP Pavilon dv2842se laptop core duo...with vista. I dont know why sometime when i turn it on the screen got pink! all the graphic are pink out!!! some say its from the video card and or the tube in the laptop and some say its from the lcd...i would like to know what is wrong with my laptop...

could anybody help me?

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

If it is pink at startup and then it goes away as the laptop warms up that is the backlight going out. The "tube" some people have mentioned. A laptop can actually work like that for a long time or the screen could go completely black tomorrow. A backlight can be replaced but since screens are now about $100 instead of the $250 they were just a few years ago it does not make much sense to go through the extensive labor to try and replace just the backlight.

HP Recommended
Thanks for your help. But usually the screen turns pink after some time of use. I am seriously considering leaving the HP side and only use my Macbook pro. : P
HP Recommended

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please find the steps and weblink given below might help you to fix the issue on your unit.

1) Go to HP website and update the Bios, Chipset & Graphic driver on the unit & check how it works.

Resolving Notebook Displays

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended
Ok, thank you so much! I'll trie it.
HP Recommended

If the screen ever displays correctly the problem is not the LCD panel. Off colors like that can be a bad cable or cable connection, or a bad video card. The cable connector can get bumped or moved if you change the screen angle or just because the components heat up and expand. If it is a bad video card you will get the same effect on an external monitor so it makes some sense to attach an external monitor and see if it turns pink. If it never turns pink, then I would focus on the display cable. It cannot hurt to update BIOS and video driver, also. And by the way I have seen similar screen issues on Mac laptops, too. They are good, but not immune to hardware issues by a long shot.

HP Recommended

Pls help me with the same kind of dispaly problem in my laptop.

Laptop stays pink for a long time..somesau its a problem with Grapichs card in mother board.Hower connecting to a external display resolves the problem

HP Recommended

Hello HK957,

I understand your state the laptop stays pink for an extended period of time, is that correct? I will be happy to help you with this issue.

Because you have hooked the laptop to an external monitor it may not be the video card because the pink display did not show on the external monitor.

What is the full make and model of the computer you have, if you sure where to locate that information have a look at this link for help.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

I have a pavilion 2000 w/Vista and am getting a pink screen on occassion which resumes normal color in minutes,

What is the resolution?

HP Recommended

The make and model is HP Pavilion dv 6700 series model: dv 6910 TX.

However,I came to know that it is a graphics card issue as the graphics card (nvidia) is embedded to MotherBoard(Intel), and due to overheat , the graphics card is damaged,

Now I am getting all pixels corrupted in my laptop and cannot see anything.

The cost for the new motherboard would be like 300$(estimate), I am  not sure whether to go for that from HP service centre or to buy a new laptop.

I would never recommend HP laptop to anyone again .:(

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.