Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
K2N97PA#ABG
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just recently moved houses and my tablet charges and sometimes don't. When i reboot, it charges again. But evn though i see it is 89% charged,  if i pull it out of the charger,  it shuts down. Do i need a new replacement battery? 

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@HannahNL,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

• Did you check with an alternate power adapter/battery/wall outlet?

Let's start with performing the hard reset:

For removable battery: Click here

For non-removable battery: Click here

If the issue persists, try the below steps:

If your notebook computer battery does not power the notebook or will not hold a charge, troubleshoot the battery to see if it needs to be replaced. If the battery indicator LED, located near the power icon, does not glow or always blinks, there is a battery problem. Your computer might operate correctly when it is connected to the power adapter, but not when using battery power.

NOTE:

To check if your battery is affected by the notebook computer battery recall and replacement program, go to HP Notebook Computer Battery Safety Recall and Replacement Program for more details.

NOTE:

The maximum capacity of the battery decreases over time and with use. Loss of battery capacity varies depending on the product configuration and usage, including but not limited to: product model, applications running, power management settings, and product features. The battery warranty does not cover natural deterioration of battery capacity. Your battery is warranted from defects in materials or workmanship resulting in failure. When contacting HP Customer Support, you might be required to run an HP diagnostic test to determine if your battery is covered under the warranty.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

Let me know how it goes. You have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet,

Thanks for reply. 

Yes i have tried other outlets but still the same problem persist. However, i have not tried with a different adaptor because i do not have one.

The hard reset, does it wipe out all my data on the tablet? Im not tech savy, so is it like a factory restore?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@HannahNL,

A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Please follow the steps suggested in the support document and do get back to us with the results.

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.