Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

just happened this morning.  accidently removed the plug from the laptop.  and the laptop shutdown.  weird because this happened before and no problems.  

however, it laptop would not turn on.  only after i plug in the laptop's AC cord would the laptop power on.  i checked the battery is the the meter shows 100% charged.  in windows, it is 100% charged.  but as soon as i unplug the laptop the computer shuts down.

i have windows 7 and my computer is the HP dv6t Quad Ed.  any help would be much appreicated.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Plug in the power adapter. Log into Windows and open the HP Support Assistant and run the battery test. Post your results here.

If you have the newer UEFI (v 5.1 or greater) environment installed --> press the power button --> tap the Esc key to invoke the startup menu --choose F2  the System Diagnostics  --> HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI --> choose component tests --> Battery Test.

UEFI ver. 5.1.png 

Post your results here in your thread.

Best regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Plug in the power adapter. Log into Windows and open the HP Support Assistant and run the battery test. Post your results here.

If you have the newer UEFI (v 5.1 or greater) environment installed --> press the power button --> tap the Esc key to invoke the startup menu --choose F2  the System Diagnostics  --> HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI --> choose component tests --> Battery Test.

UEFI ver. 5.1.png 

Post your results here in your thread.

Best regards,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

i just called HP customer support.  HP is ridiculous .  they want to charge me 99.99 to troubleshoot the problem.  just troubleshooting?  

any ways here are the results:

Primary Battery is reporting a failure and needs to be replaced.  

i guess that was the problem.  **bleep**, this battery only lasted me not even 1 year??!!!!

HP Recommended

battery test results - 

battery.png

HP Recommended

Thanks for posting the results. Your battery should last more than one year.

If the battery is not a year old you may be able to get it replaced under warranty.

Reference this troubleshooting in the Forum and the results of the UEFI diagnostics test when you speak to the Customer service representative.

I can't see the image yet.

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

here are the results - 

warranty type: 1

cycle count 0 / 300

manufacture: 13-54

battery age:524 days

serial number: 00132 12/13/2011

temperature: 32* C

design capactiy: 8850 mAh

full charge capacity: 7128 mAh

remaining capacity: 7128 mAh

current: 0 mA

terminal voltage: 12481 mV

design voltage: 11100 mV

cell voltage 1: 3783 mV

cell voltage 2: 4352 mV

cell voltage 3: 4346 mV

cell voltage 4: 0 mV

ac power: true

CT number: 6BSGT42SM1YPBG

FAILURE ID: REOOW

battery.gif

HP Recommended

The results show a dead cell (#4) and that explains why it is giving you problems.

If warranty does not cover it you can replace it with a third party battery that is guaranteed compatible.

there is no requirement for you to use an HP OEM part.

Just do an online (Google/Bing) search with your notebook's product name and replacement battery as the key words. You shoud be able to easily find a replacement guaranteed  compatible battery with a one year warranty.  

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

When I run the HP battery test, it reads as PASSED. I noticed last week that my PCwon't power on

when not plugged in. The previous day it ran for a couple of hours. Now, battery shows completely charged,

passes the battery test. If the pc is running, it shuts down when the ac is turned off or unplugged. Ideas?

HP Recommended

Charge capacity-34%

Battery Status-Replace(40)

SEcondary Battery-Unsupported

What does this mean?? What should I do??

HP Recommended

I would replace the battery with a new one.

Is the notebook stil in warranty?

Check your warranty status Here.

It it is, then contact HP to arrange to have a replacement battery sent under warranty coverage.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.