Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop turns off at 37% with no warning messages. When I turn it back on it's still at 37%. It's a brand new battery.

I've tried manually calibrating the battery with no luck.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, if your laptop turn off always at the same battery status, it is probably due to this.. Is it the original battery and capacity?? 

I need to have  the Product Number (P/N) from your PC.
If you need help for find this please check this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

And for more informations about your battery, please tell me all informations written on it, or make a test with HP Support Assistant and paste me all your rapport.

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Hiya, thanks for replying.

It's not the original battery, it's a brand new one but not an HP one. 

This is the battery: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FRTWB1Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The PN of my laptop is: W9V76EA#ABU

The result of my battery test is below:

Battery Test.png

Hope that covers everything you need. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello, your original battery has a 2850 mAh of capacity, and this one only 2200 mAh, so it is less powerful.. But normally your indicator need to be updated. 

You can try to make a right click on "computer" and clic to "manage". In left go to "devices manager" and duplicate clic on "battery" section to see inside. Right clic on your batteries to "uninstall devices". Select the option to delete all the driver if available, and when all batteries are uninstalled, restart the computer and check if your problem is always present. 

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Hiya,

Thanks for your suggestion. I went through the steps you said but I'm still having the same problem.

HP Recommended

Hello, you can try to make a better calibrage. For this, charge your battery to 100%, and restart your PC taping F10. You are going to the BIOS, don't touch to your settings but wait your PC shut down. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.