3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop size vs Battery model

ProBook 4445s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have 2 questions.

1. When I bought the laptop, the battery backup was at most 1 hour. But my friend's ASUS laptop survived more than 3 hours as they say. What's the reason?

2. Now after 2 years, battery backup is 5 minutes in "Balanced" mode and 20 minutes in "Power saving" mode. I need to change the battery. When I called battery seller he asked me about the size of the laptop. He said, laptop sizes may vary even though model is same. But I think, the battery for a model is of fixed size and volts and other things. Is he cheating? 

Please provide me the exact battery model for this model!

Thanks in Advance 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
41,111 39,587 6,156 10,683
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's just a poorly guarded secret that AMD laptops do not have the battery life of Intels. Yours is AMD. You have to be extra careful to keep the screen as dark as you can stand and avoid too much multitasking while on battery.

2 different batteries can be used:

(11) Battery, Li-ion 9-cell (93 WHr, 2.8 Ah) 633809-001 6-cell (47 WHr, 2.2 Ah) 633805-001

The 9 cell kind of juts out from the bottom but gives much longer runtime (twice the watt-hours). The bump on the bottom also helps airflow and improves the typing angle but does make the laptop heavier and a bit clumsier to carry around. 

Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Inc-Battery-2-8Ah-MBI55740/dp/B0051PSIQW/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1494356466...

This is a 3rd party "compatible" battery which is much cheaper but still OK to use on older laptops:

https://www.amazon.com/BTExpert-Battery-Pr06047-Pr06055-ProBook/dp/B00SS7R67M/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

Victim2 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Huffer,

Will inappropriate battery hamper my laptop?

Why was I asked about the laptop size? Shouldn't he be asking me about laptop model instead?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

An inappropriate battery would indeed hamper it, but I would never recommend anything inappropriate. I linked you to a genuine HP battery, and then a "compatible" from a good vendor. Either one will work fine. I prefer genuine on laptops less than about 3 years old but beyond that, there is nothing to gain by spending extra money for genuine and compatibles work fine. 

I have no idea why somebody I don't know asked a stupid question. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as SOlution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos
Victim2 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So, inappropriate charger would also hamper the laptop, right? 

The problem is, Amazon doesn't ship products in my country and I need a battery in urgent. So, I need to buy the battery which is available here. Could you please provide me what battery I should not choose or what I should choose?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think that is exactly what I did. You need to buy with reference to the HP Part number. If you can post a link to some of your choices I can tell you if they will work. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation