cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Level 1
11 6 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Laptop starting on closing lid and vice-versa

HP Recommended
Pavillion AB220-TX
This is long question.please pardon me and help me!!

From 7-8 months ago I have problem in my laptop.
Problem is after shutting down(lights on side panel and screen turned off), when I close the lid it automatically starts with lid closed.Not only that if it is ON(when I was working on it),when I close the lid it performs Force shut-down.Now I didn't go to HP Service(I needed laptop daily in college).In those days,for shutting down I was to directly close the lid.Also at that time I had performed Hard drive test in boot menu and it had some failure ID(even though but didn't had any other issues except the mentioned above)

When I had vacation I decided to go to HP Service center.When I explained my issue to them they said me it was software issue and my internal recovery is corrupted so I need to order recovery disk.After coming home I ordered recovery disk.

Before 5-6 days,My Laptop couldnt start it had error on startup that 'Your device could not start because it had (some file) missing.So I again went to service center,they performed the test and received the hard drive failure error which I was receiving before.Thus,they told me to replace my hard disk.So I gave them to replace my hard disk.

Now today I got my laptop it doesnt has any OS installed(recovery drive has not been received till),When I start I only see boot menu for performing hard drive and memory check.I performed both of them it has no error.But even though​ I have that lid problem.Now also when I close the lid it starts inside while in ON mode it shut downs on closing lid.

As it does not have any OS I don't think this problem is software related.Is the problem hardware related?I changed my hard disk,so where is the problem?help me with this issue.Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,729 27,714 1,831 2,471
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @neel_patel_,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I Understand that when you shut down the notebook and close the lid it turns back on and when it on and if you close the lid it will shut down.

I will be glad to help you with your Pavillion AB220-TX.

As you have mentioned that you got this notebook back after the repair and currently no os is installed and it is still doing the same thing if you close the lid.

It clearly indicates that it is a hardware issue.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP Phone Support for further assistance. If your product is Out of warranty then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter the Product number or select to auto detect.

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Cheers! 🙂

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Author
Level 1
11 6 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi @The_Fossette,
Sir If possible can u please figure it out what's the problem because I'm not getting proper guidance in both online and offline support.Can you just figure it out which hardware part has the problem .If you help me I would be grateful.

Waiting for your reply.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,729 27,714 1,831 2,471
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @neel_patel_,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any.
You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends).
Response times may vary by region.
Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Have a great day.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Author
Level 1
11 6 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you sir @The_Fossette for helping
But now I'm encountering another problem.Sir I received my recovery disks but then When I inserted it in laptop,
First I got screen saying press any key to boot.
Second after some time I got screen with error written -
This computer is not supported by the System Recovery Media
You will not be able to continue to recover this system with these media.
Error :
0100-8096-80D1,8075,8074
Please help me sir now what should I do
(Also I had replaced the disk so I don't have bios which I had before so I think that's the error).So how can I update bios without starting laptop and also I don't have UEFI menu.
Waiting for reply .Please help
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation