Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15m-cn0012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop starts to overheat as soon as I plug in the charger and the fan starts spinning at full speed which would have been somewhat annoying but is a serious worry as my sister's laptop (same model) had its fan die after about a year of going through the same problem. She was advised to not keep the laptop plugged in while using it which is not a very practical solution. 

I've had several BIOS updates and some of them actually seemed to have mitigated the problem a bit but after the last update it has started again.

Does anyone have any idea about what the problem is and what can be done to fix it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Swapnil4878

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please try these steps - HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Its still in warranty but I wanted to see if there is a software solution to the problem as it seems to be caused by software (BIOS update) and was somewhat resolved by a previous update before the last update made it happen again. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Swapnil4878

Thanks for replying. 

Did you try these steps - HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating yet? 

Download and install the latest BIOS update from this link

Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.