HeyJulz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Laptop stops during typing

HP Notebook (Core i5)

Typing is a challenge as my 2 weeks old laptop seems to stop registering the keys every 3 seconds. This happens when typing in documents or online. I have to be typing really really slow in order to give it time to register all the letters typed. I thought perhaps my autosave was too frequent that it interrupts my typing this much, but I changed the saving settings in Word to 15 minutes and this was not the answer.

Please help. Thanks.  

1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,121 3,232
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Laptop stops during typing

Hello HeyJulz

Please tell me what the full model number of the laptop is. If its brand new, I assume its Windows 10?

Does the finger pad or a mouse show the same symptoms?

• If so, you can try using the Task Manager (how to use) to view the processes at that moment to see if a program is hogging up all the memory or CPU. That can make things momentarily freeze. You can also download Process Explorer for this.
  • If its only the keyboard doing this, can you try connecting a USB keyboard to test with?
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation