Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
LAPTOP-KR4CMDBN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

LAPTOP

product number: 1AC87PA#ACJ

So, i have this hp laptop for just about 2 years and just recently a problem has developed. My laptop while running suddenly stops in the middle and doesn't starts until it is plugged in for charging, it works for a short time when i open it first with battery about 78-80%  and then it drops to 50% quickly and then turns off after which i have to keep it plugged in so as to avoid that happening  again. At that interval is loses power quickly and shuts off. I am really afraid about this and couldn't find any solution. I have even run battery checks but status is shown as OK (no issues), also it keeps displaying "plugged in, not charging" message after reaching 78-80%.

Any kind of help is appreciated, Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The battery check provides a simple "OK" but also has an "advanced" results section and we need that. Your laptop is a 6th gen Intel Core system and we are starting to see those need new batteries. Odds are very high your problem would be solved with a new battery but the diagnosis would be more certain with the advanced test output. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The battery check provides a simple "OK" but also has an "advanced" results section and we need that. Your laptop is a 6th gen Intel Core system and we are starting to see those need new batteries. Odds are very high your problem would be solved with a new battery but the diagnosis would be more certain with the advanced test output. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.