Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion P248NE
Hi
I have a HP notebook P248NE i7.  I replaced the battery 4 months ago, and now I have got a problem that the laptop suddenly turns off at 50% charge. I searched how to calibrate the battery but failed to do that because when I leave the laptop to deplete its battery it shuts off abruptly!!
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @AnisEsmaeili 

"I have a HP notebook P248NE i7."   HP does not identify its notebooks like that.   

Take a look at the bottom of this reply and see the keystrokes that will allow you to access the System Information dialog which will provide the complete  product number and product name of your notebook.

I would run the Windows Battery report utility to get information on the battery.

From your description of the issue, the battery is either not charging completely or is faulty.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Capture1.PNG

Also this notebook model does not have the option to calibrate the battery using bios (HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI) provided here https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04700771

HP Recommended

It would help if you copied and then pasted the report into your reply.  With the report in front of me, I will be able to analyze the data.

If you run the  battery test in the HP Support Assistant, the utility will calibrate the battery if required.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.