Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-bs 049na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can anyone please help?  My laptop began by switching off with around 50% battery power still left, this then started happening at 70% and now the power cord needs to be in constantly or the laptop switches off.  I know the battery is still good as I was able to perform the check on that.  I have tried to perform a couple of the other suggestions I have seen on the forum but they are not suitable or haven't worked.  I initially put the issue down to a degrading battery or my not noticing how much battery life or something so cannot pinpoint exactly when this began or if it was immediately following any updates etc.  I am not technically gifted so simple instructions would be appreciated.  Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

If I cannot get a response can anyone tell me where else I can get support please?

HP Recommended

These are always tough questions to answer and rarely popular. How old is the battery? Have you run the battery diagnostic from HP Support Assistant? If you can do that, please post the advanced results. The simple pass/fail is kind of like the check engine light on your car. Not very informative and provides little real information. The advanced result tells us so much more. There is a 90%+ likelihood you just need a new battery. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  The laptop is less than 3 years old.  I did use HP Support Assistant to check the battery.  I will do that again. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Screenshot (21).pngScreenshot (20).png

HP Recommended

DSC_8645.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi I have tried to upload an image of the battery check that I did but the image doesn't seem to show up.  Is there any particular category I need to look at?

HP Recommended

Takes a couple days for the images to pass censors. Can you just copy and paste the test results as text. I will ask censors to speed up review process.

HP Recommended

Ah, thank you, I thought I was doing something wrong.  I can see the photos now.

HP Recommended

I see it now. The battery is down to 61% of original capacity. It's like a tire with bare minimum legal tread. You can keep driving on it but its not going to be a good experience and it really needs to be replaced. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.