Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Everyone

I have hp notebook and recently its been behaving a bit strange. Yesterday i accidently removed battery and now it won't turned on without charger. Like it shows that it has 90% battery and as soon as i remove charger, it would turn off. When i put charger back and again see battery percentage, it would still show 90%. Also the battery percentage is stuck at 90. Like it won't get charged neither would drain off. I have searched almost whole internet but still no answer. And remember this started when i accidently removed battery. It was fine before then. Also the battery is 4 months old only

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@owaisorakzai

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer turns off as soon as you remove the charger.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you remove the battery again and turn on the computer without the battery. Once the computer is booting into Windows connect the battery and check whether the battery starts charging.

If you continue facing the issue, then update the BIOS from the below link and test.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.