Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs662tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just replaced new battery. Within 5 min laptop stop charging. Whereas laptop still works on battery. 

After removing battery laptop not turning on using power adaptor. 

Checked adaptor its showing output of 14.38 volts in mutimeter. 

I checked by removing battery and power cable. Pressed power button for 30sec. No result. Laptop pwer light not turning on. 

Laptop still works if i install battery. But not charging. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It appears you have a defective power supply.  The HP 15-bs662tu power supply is rated at 19.5V, 3.33A.  If your supply is reading 14.38V on a multimeter without a load it appears the supply is defective.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It appears you have a defective power supply.  The HP 15-bs662tu power supply is rated at 19.5V, 3.33A.  If your supply is reading 14.38V on a multimeter without a load it appears the supply is defective.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your replay. 

Yes you right, my adaptor specification shows 19.5 v output. 

I will replace adaptor and check. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Issue with adaptor only. I wrapped almonium foil tape at shown portion which due to which voltage reduced. After removal again i am getting 19.88 volt. I applied quick glue over there.

IMG-20220523-WA0014.jpeg

Thanks. 

IMG-20220523-WA0012.jpeg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.